We are looking for an Implementation engineer to work within our Sheffield-based team to deploy both our ALM and BigData products into some of the world's largest companies, including Cisco, Juniper, Pitney Bowes and SanDisk.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing customer environments to create a design for the deployment of the WANdisco software.
- Working with the customer, you will guide them through the deployment and testing of the WANdisco software.
- Documenting customer environments and implementation plans for future support use.
- Working with other teams, especially QA, Engineering and Support.
- Owning the deployment, and resultant issues, from start to end.
- Manage your own customers and scheduling.
- As customers are Global, you may need to work evenings and occasional weekends and be available to travel to customer sites if required.
What we are looking for:
- Systems administration skills for BOTH Unix/Linux and Windows servers including OS installation, VMWare virtual machines and LDAP servers (anyone without Unix/Linux will not be considered).
- Use of version control tools, such as SVN, Git and CVS.
- The ability to create customer facing planning documentation.
- The ability to write test plans to prove the installation.
- Team players who can also work on their own initiative.
- An understanding of networking, both in terms of architecture and protocols.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good time management skills.
- A computing or industry relevant degree
- Prior experience in a support or system admin role
In addition to a competitive salary we offer unlimited paid holiday, private medical insurance and employer pension contribution of up to 4%. Our office in Sheffield has pool and ping pong tables and a dart board in the office as well as a delivery of fresh fruit twice a week. We also elect a social captain quarterly, who arranges regular social events.
About the Company:
WANdisco (Wide Area Network Distributed Computing) provides enterprise-ready software solutions that enable globally distributed organizations to meet today’s data challenges of secure storage, scalability and availability. WANdisco’s products are differentiated by the company’s patented Active Transactional Data Replication™ technology, serving crucial high availability (HA) requirements for Big Data both on-premise and in the cloud, and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), including Apache Subversion and Git. For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.