We are looking for Support Engineers to analyse, reproduce and resolve the technical problems our customers encounter within part of our Global Customer Support Group who provide support and consultation to some of the world's largest companies, including Cisco, Juniper, Pitney Bowes and SanDisk.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing, reproducing, and resolving customer problems of varying complexity across our ALM and Big Data Products
- Providing consultation to customers, over the phone and online
- Maintaining SLAs and resolving time critical issues
- Documenting problems and defects and improving support processes using our Knowledge Base, bulletins and advisories
- Working with other teams, especially QA and Engineering, to get the best results
- Owning issues from start to end
- Delivering flexible 24/7 cover including weekend and out-of-hours support
What we are looking for:
- Strong systems administration skills for Unix/Linux Servers Including LDAP, Apache & SQL.
- Linux OS installation, configuration & virtualization.
- An understanding of scripting in BASH, Python etc.
- Knowledge of tools such as Chef, Puppet & Ansible.
- Knowledge of Big Data ecosystem components. Such as Apache Hadoop, CDH, HDP, Ambari, HIVE.
- Use & administration of version control tools, such as SVN & Git.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to lay out a root cause analysis documents
- The ability to write test plans to reproduce customer problems
- Team players who can also work on their own initiative
- An understanding of networking, both architectures and protocols
- The ability to multi-task
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken
- A computing or industry relevant degree
- Prior experience in an application support role
In addition to a competitive salary we offer unlimited paid holiday, private medical insurance and employer pension contribution of up to 4%. Our office in Sheffield has pool and ping pong tables and a dart board in the office as well as a delivery of fresh fruit twice a week. We also elect a social captain quarterly, who arranges regular social events.
WANdisco, the world leader in Active Data Replication™, enables the replication of continuously changing data to the cloud and on-premises data centers with guaranteed consistency, no downtime and no business disruption. WANdisco has an OEM with IBM as well as strategic partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Google, HP Enterprise, Microsoft Azure and Oracle to resell its patented technology. WANdisco works directly with Fortune 1000 companies around the world to ensure their data gives them the real insight they need. For additional information, please visit www.wandisco.com.